Friday, July 13, 2012

Week 6: May 29th- June 1st
I really enjoyed what we talked about during this week of class! It was about things I have thought about quiet often; boundries to form and what to do when the first child is born in a family.
I am shocked to hear how controversial this topic is, but after discussing it in class I understand why. The topic of who should be in the delivery room when a child is born into a family. I have always thought, just because it is how it has always been done in my family, that my mom and by husband's mom in the delivery room. But when I have a baby, it should just be me and my husband. And I guess I can have some doctors and nurses in there. But family wise, just me and my husband. The birth of a child is a special moment that should just be shared between husband and wife. Not only is it a bonding moment for the new baby to its mom and dad, but a special, intimate bonding moment for the husband and wife too.
Now I just have the challenge of telling my mom that.

No comments:

Post a Comment