Thursday, July 12, 2012

Week 5: May 22nd-24th
I think it is so important to have a friendship with a person before starting a serious relationship. Love kind of comes and goes, but friendship is the base and foundation in a relationship and supports the relationship when love can falter.
That is why I am so wary and sometimes afraid when it comes to finding a relationship at BYU Idaho.
The best relationship that I had been in was with a young man that I had known since 7th grade. We were only friends then, and as we went through middle school and then high school we became really good friends. After high school graduation, he asked me out on a date. It went off really good and we were in a very nice relationship till he left for his mission. I think that relationship was so good because we did have that foundation of friendship. What makes me so worried about dating at BYU Idaho is that many people seem to rush into marriarge and they don't really get to start into that mode of friendship. There should be no such thing as being stuck in the friendship zone! That is when you really get to know someone the most is as their friend.
Some people say they fall in love at first sight, but I believe becoming friends first is more romantic than falling head over heels with each other first.

No comments:

Post a Comment