Thursday, July 12, 2012

Week 4: May 14th-18th
The area I am from tends to be very liberal. There are Gay Pride Parades all the time, and if you are against Gay Marriage you are labeled a horrible person that is going to burn in heck. I have never really known how to react when people attack me for my beliefs and I have never known how to explain it myself.
Is there such a thing as Gay? Are people really born Gay? I have quiet a few friends who call themselves Gay and they are good people, so why would they be born as something that is condemning in the eyes of our Heavenly Father?
In class we discussed that no one is born Gay. No one is Gay. A person can just suffer from Same Sex Attraction. When someone suffers from same sex attraction, they are not a bad person. It is only a sin if they act on those temptations, it isn't a sin to have those temptations and feelings.
Even though I am confident in what I know now, I am not sure how I would explain it to people back in my home state or even to my friends that suffer from same sex attraction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment